WinR Stuff

Monday, January 26, 2009

All of the Above

What do I do when I can't think of a particular word while writing, asked the curious Jaxon?

My dogs are actually quite, what's the word?, sagacious, when called upon to aid in my search for the proper bon mot. I do use the Thesaurus frequently, if not religiously, and...Oh, what is the word I'm looking for?...Ah, yes, habitually.

But when all else fails, I get up from the computer and wander around, because the farther away I am from the computer, the better the chances are that the most delicious and obscure word will pop into my cranium and I won't have a pencil or piece of paper to write it on, and while I am searching for a stupid scrap of anything to use, the word will completelty... Oh, I can't think of the right word to use.....Let me ask one of the dogs.

1 comment:

  1. My dog doesn't help me with much except words like lounge and sprawl and repose.

    ReplyDelete